Bramis Ioannis MD, PHD, FACG
Emeritus Professor of Surgery, Medical School University of Athens,
President of the Hellenic Surgical Society (2015-2016)
- 1967 License in Medical profession, Prefecture of Athens
- 1973 PhD in Medicine with honors, University of Athens
- 1975 Specialty in Surgery
- 1975 Assoc. Prof. Surgery CUNY (City University of New York) Mount Sinai Medical School, New York, N,Y.
- 1976 License in Surgery specialty, Prefecture of Athens
- 1978 Curator/Lecturer of Surgery, University of Athens
- 1983 Assist. Professor of Surgery, University of Athens
- 1997 Associate Professor,Medical School of Athens University, Laiko General Hospital – Athens
- 2003 Professor of Surgery, Medical School, University of Athens
- 2004 Director of A’ Prop. Surg.Clinic, University of Athens, Hippokration Hospital – Athens
Postgraduate Scientific Activity
- 1970-73: Resident in A’ Surgical Clinic, at Laikon General Hospital,Athens, (Articles in medical magazines and lectures mainly in Greece and abroad)
- 1973: Fellow in the Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital (CUNY) in New York (with official appointment by the University Dean under the title of Associate Professor of Surgery for four and a half years)
- 1974: Thesis in surgery( with excellence)
- 1975: Teacher in Cabrini Medical Center for students candidates for ECFMG
Career as Surgeon
- 1977 University Curator of Athens University
- 1981 Lecturer School of Medicine, in Athens University Medical School
- 1982-1983 Lecturer in Anatomy, University of Athens
- Until 1997 Assistant Professor, Laiko General Hospital of Athens
- 2004-2010 Director of A’ Surgery Coaching Clinic of Hippokration Hospital
- 2007-2009 Director of Surgery Clinic of University of Athens
John Bramis has a long teaching assignment in Greek and foreign Universities for 38 years. He has authored 4 teaching books in Greek and 2 teaching books in English and approximately 200 articles in foreign and 160 in Greeks magazines. He has also authored many chapters in scientific publications. In the field of awards and distinctions, he has been awarded over 30 times in Greece and abroad.
Since 1994 he is member of the Academy of Sciences of New York, Member the U.S Association for the Promotion of Science and Member 13 English Scientific companies and 12 abroad in Europe and U.S.
After his specialty in surgical experience in general surgery and vascular surgery (not exercising the second specialty because of law on specialties), he served for almost 40 years in major hospitals and private clinics.
His particular interest and his specialization is extended in surgical diseases of the gastrointestinal system (e.g. Stomach, Intestine, Bile Ducts,Liver, Pancreas, Spleen, etc) and especially in Surgical Oncology.
Full development of laparoscopic surgery and robotic surgery usage according to international entries.
Languages: Greek, English