IKAN – Nafplio Dialysis Center
The Nafplio Dialysis Center ``IKAN`` was created to ensure both the confidence and security of patients resident in the region, but also to serve patients who want to enjoy their holidays in picturesque Nafplio and the Argolis region (Hermione, Kranidi, Porto Cheli, Poros, etc.). Our foremost commitment is to the total relaxation and psychological wellbeing of inpatients and visiting patients who choose Nafplio Argolis as a key holiday destination.
In 2014, we created a model dialysis center in a historic town: Nafplio. The main objective of the Nafplio Dialysis Center “IKAN” is to provide excellent health services to dialysis patients – complete coverage of needs, with specifications that meet all requirements and expectations.
The most important criterion for the Unit’s operation is implementation of the most rigorous prerequisites so as to be able to realize our dream of creating a model dialysis center with European standards and a goal of advancing the quality of life for dialysis patients in the Argolid and beyond.
Our dialysis center provides:
- New building facilities.
- Experienced medical and nursing staff with many years of experience.
- The presence of a nephrology physician during all Unit operating hours.
- Free card from the IASIS clinic for unlimited visits to doctors of 15 specialties.
- Continuous monitoring by experienced medical and scientific partners (cardiologists, nutritionists, etc. disciplines).
- A comfortable dialysis area with the latest high-tech German machines, capable of all dialysis methods, including on line.
- Dialysis filters built to German specification using synthetic membranes and state-of-the-art sterilization techniques.
- Modern water treatment system to ensure the adequacy of treated water, even in the event of a municipal water supply cut.
- Adjustable electric dialysis beds with remote control.
- Personal TV with headphones for every patient.
- A light meal during dialysis.
- Transport of patients to and from the Unit from remote areas of the prefecture (such as Hermione, Kranidi, Porto Cheli, etc.) with the Unit’s 12-passenger van configured for disabled persons, as well as an ambulance for emergency patient transport requirements.
Combine health and holidays
Nafplio charms visitors with its romantic atmosphere and traditional color, summer and winter. Its picturesque streets adorn elegant neoclassical Venetian balconies, old churches, mosques, Turkish fountains, historic squares, traditionally designed hotels, cafes, restaurants and shops, in unique style.