PHILIPPOS AN. PALAMIDAS
PNEUMONOLOGIST – TUBERCULOSIS
Director of Interventional Pulmonology of Athens Medical Group
PNEUMOCEN - PULMONARY CENTER WELLNESS - CARE - TECHNOLOGY
- Full physical examination
- Reading radiographs – CT scans – oximetry – early di- agnosis.
- Full functional breath control
- Post bronchodilator spirometry pre – diffusing capa- city – static lung volumes – bronchial challenge test (methacholine – mannitol) – Cardio Pulmonary Testing – preoperative assessment.
- Respiratory muscles Study
- Maximum inspiratory (pimax) and expiratory (pemax) pressures – spirometry in the upright and supine po- sition – oximetry – support and treatment of respira- tory failure (oxygen – non-invasive mechanical ventilation)
- Smoking cessation clinic
- Investigation dependence – functional test devices – personalized treatment (drug and non-drug) – support – monitoring.
- Study of sleep disorders (sleep apnea syndrome) Night recording with oximetry and capnography – sleep study – treatment with special devices nonin- vasive mechanical ventilation (cpap – bipap).
- Invasive techniques
- Bronchoscopy – endobronchial biopsies – biopsies pe- ripheral lesions with endobronchial ultrasound (radial ebus) – transbronchial needle biopsy with endo- bronchial ultrasound (tbna – ebus) – Cryotherapy – diathermy – treatment with endobronchial laser – bronchoscopy with a rigid bronchoscope (treatment of benign or malignant stenoses – placing endobronchial stents).